Error in page 55 (box 3.2)

Mahmoud Aboelatta
In box 3.2 the union of two events example (rolling a number bigger than 1), the explanation is not correct it is duplicated with the intersection of two events

Re: Error in page 55 (box 3.2)

norman@eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Administrator
Mahmoud

I'm not sure what your concern is here. The event "roll a number bigger than 1 is" is the set E= {2,3,4,5,6}.  The event "roll an even number is the set E1={2,4,6} and the event "roll a number bigger than 2 is the set E2={3,4,5,6}. So E is indeed E1 union E2. The events do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Norman Fenton

Re: Error in page 55 (box 3.2)

Mahmoud Aboelatta
Hello Norman,

Thanks for your reply, my bad sir.....I got confused at first