Quantcast

Page 258 missing text

Shem Malmquist
Hi,

I love the work you have done.  I noticed that on my copy of the book (first run) that the text at the bottom of the grayed area ends at "However, in".  I am curious what it says after that, but also wanted to point this out.

Thank you.

Shem

Re: Page 258 missing text

norman@eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Administrator
Shem

I'm away for the weekend but will check this when I return on Monday.

Thanks

Norman Fenton

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Aug 2013, at 20:36, "Shem Malmquist [via Risk Assessment with Bayesian Networks]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I love the work you have done.  I noticed that on my copy of the book (first run) that the text at the bottom of the grayed area ends at "However, in".  I am curious what it says after that, but also wanted to point this out.

Thank you.

Shem

http://risk-assessment-with-bayesian-networks.2318783.n4.nabble.com/Page-258-missing-text-tp52.html
To start a new topic under Risk Assessment with Bayesian Networks, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Risk Assessment with Bayesian Networks, click here.
NAML

Re: Page 258 missing text

norman@eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Administrator
Shem

I have now checked page 258. There is actually nothing missing. It is just that the publishers have wrongly inserted a space before the word "Figure 8.49b" on the next page.

Thanks for alterting us to this - I will add it to the errata.

Norman Fenton

Re: Page 258 missing text

Shem
Thank you for your response. I apologize for the delay in responding.  Unfortunately, at least on my copy, the last line in the gray box reads. "...quality is likely to be good (and in turn this impacts on the as yet unobserved indicator defects found).  However, in  ".

After that the gray box ends and the remainder of the page is blank, white.

Thank you for reviewing this.  Mine was a preorder first round print.

Re: Page 258 missing text

Shem
Actually, disregard my last, I now see what you are saying.  There is a nice example of confirmation bias on my part!

Thank you again!