Train Strike

craigennis
Can anyone post the calculations for Figure 6.5 (Page 138) please.

Re: Train Strike

norman@eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Administrator
Box 6.1 part gives sufficiently similar calculations for working it out from first principles (for example Box 6.1 part 2, shows how to calculate the revised probability Norman is Late once we know Martin is late, so exactly the same approach is used for calculating Martin is Late once we know Norman is late). However, the whole point is that you should be using the tool to do the calculations for you. Like all the models in the book this one comes with the tool examples so you can enter observations and see the calculations for yourself.

Norman Fenton

Re: Train Strike

craigennis
Hi Norman,

I have used the tool to do this but I also want to understand the calculations as well to further my understanding.  If you could post the calculations I would be much obliged.

Thank you!
Craig Ennis