errors on p. 426

Robbie Heremans
1) sidebar:

Cause 1: 1/p2
Cause 2: 1/p1 (instead of Cause 1: 1/p1)

2) Figure 13.22 NPT

Entries in NPT do not seem correct. In my opinion:

Column Cause 1 = False & Cause 2 = True should be 0.0 on row Cause 1 and 1.0 on row Cause 2 (instead of 1.0 on row Cause 1 and 0.0 on row Cause 2), and
Column Cause 1 = True & Cause 2 = False should be 1.0 on row Cause 1 and 0.0 on row Cause 2 (instead of 0.0 on row Cause 1 and 1.0 on row Cause 2).

(referring to correct entries in Table 7.7 (p. 196) and entries in the example AgenaRisk/Examples/Book models/13.8 Mutual exclusive causes.ast)

Re: errors on p. 426

norman@agena.co.uk
Robbie

Many thanks for this. You are spot on for all of these.
I will update the errata page with an acknowledgement to you later this evening.

Norman Fenton